In this all English episode #049:
Manuel Marquina is the marketing manager for Evernote in Europe. We talk about what Evernote is, why its hard to be productive in the modern workplace, the 3 overloads knowledge workers face, challenges for new Evernote users. We talk about Evernote for business. Manuel shares specific tactics and strategies; one being the Chill Out strategy! 🙂 And we are also talking about the future of productivity and much more. Enjoy!
Manuel is Account manager and business manager in Zurich in switzerland
Please use our affiliate link to Sign up for Evernote
Read our articles about Evernote:
- Check out our productivity course where we have a whole section about Evernote
How to track your fitness with EvernoteSetting up naming conventions in Evernote: https://help.
evernote.com/hc/en-us/ articles/209006097-Tips-for- organizing-notes-notebooks- and-tags
- Link to the Evernote Business Page: evernote.com/business
- Link to my personal website www.bureaumarquina.com
- Link to our Pin Shop (will go live this week – ending is CO not COM): www.pinfriends.co
3.00 Evernote is a workspace, share ideas. that is always accessible. Manuel like the notion of thinking of it as an atomic unit. that can contain everything or nothing.
4.00 Evernote has been around for 9 years. Their previous tagline was: “Remember everything”. Workspace of writing down ideas.Before
5.00 Why is it hard for us to work in the modern workplace? When we work we have one challenge – one overload: Data overload – Buckminster Fuller – 1982 – a theoretical graph – until all knowledge doubles. Previous it was every 100 years. Today it is 1year for us to double – IBM study – 2025 – at the end ofmemory can hold 4 things at the same time.
9.00 Ebbinghaus forgetting curve – 60% information is lost within the first hour after input. Memory techniques, like repetition. Writing down notes in your own notes.
1000 We mention memory champion Idriz Zogaj – Listen #46 (Swedish ep)
11.00 Why not only pen and paper? You don’t have to choose! But the downside of it is physical; you can lose it. You cannot connect it.
- 13.00 3 Reasons that Manuel uses Evernote:
- 1. Data Overload (we spend 2 hours searching for information every day)
- 2. Communication Overload (80% of every day is spent in communication)
- 3. Cognitive Overload – you are interrupted every 5 minutes, either yourself (by checking social media) or by other persons. it takes about 20 min to come back to where you were.
- 14.00 Manuel use an overview note for a project or a task and link it.
- 15.00 Manuel reads a lot. And uses Evernote to save it for later. A notebook called: Reading
- 18.00 The 3 Overloads
- 19.00 What is the biggest issue with using Evernote? OverOrganize!! Crazy structures. No structure. If you have a lot of content, you need some kind of structure.
- 20.30 Manuel uses Notebooks. Productivity is individual! Tags confuse Manuel. 🙂 He creates notebooks for areas of his life; family, productivity. Design. Project notebooks: with a clear end date. Use one notebook called: inbox.
- 23.00 Chill Out strategy! – Projects, Areas, and Resources
- Projects: end date and clear
- Areas: Important things for you but don’t have an end date = area
- Resources: Everything you need, an invoice
- 25.00 Naming conventions. It is important to think about a structure for naming.
- 26.45 What is Evernote for Business? Work is collecting materials, Working, sharing
- 30.00 Files Attachments
- 31.00 The next steps for Evernote for Business? Free Monthly trial here:
- 32.00 Manuel helps companies on-board to Evernote for business.
- 33.00 Manuels View of the Future – Productivity is personal
- 34.00 Technology can help you faster – Future is perhaps:
- Voice (Alexa)
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Machine Learning
- 35.00 Technology could help you find information faster. But it is still up to you! It is personal.
- 36.15 Manuels SideHustle – “Hustle a lot on the side”.
- 37.00 2013/2014 Manuel started writing a weekly newsletter for productivity: Weekly Roundup
- 38.00 Pins. Metal pins! 🙂 Link to our Pin Shop : www.pinfriends.co
- 41.00 KWINK – Knowing What I Now Know..
- Manuel answers:
- Creating something of meaning takes time. Be patient. You need focus to create something great.
Persons of Interest
Want to level up your life??? Join /apply for these Circles of Influence:
- Sign up for our Online course Mastering the Art of Focused Productivity!
- Apply for our MASTERMIND
- Apply for our SLACK Channel for exponential Growth! Apply now: firstname.lastname@example.org – it is a Selective process!
- Sign up for the popular Newsletter
Thank you for reading and listening! You are awesome! 🙂