As it is summertime some are already back from vacation and ready to start working again. Therefore it’s about time to get more productive both in life and at work. Why not both? If it is one thing FLAWD is passionate about, it is improving life in all possible ways. Wonder what FLAWD is? Read this previous post What is FLAWD?
One of my favorite websites for lifehacking is of course: http://www.lifehacker.com
Every year they list their favorite and best app, here are their lists and some comments on the apps that they use: Check it out
Below I list my favorites (and MORE!) from Lifehackers list. My personal favorites for productivity and improvement are…….
- phraseepxress which I think should be a given for anyone who has windows and work with email. It saves my so much time that it is ridiculous
- Evernote is a given for me who takes a lot of notes.
- Fences which I really like for keeping a tidy desktop
- Dropbox – its simpleness is just magnificent.
- Penultimate is my absolute favourite for note taking since its synced with EverNote
- Ibooks is really good for reading pdf/epub
- Pocket for reading
- Google Chrome (the best browser for power-users)
- POCKET! REALLY awesome for “read-it-later” if you stumble upon something will doing resarch or working – all devices then have it. Here are some useful IFTTT recipes for Pocket
- Stayfocusd – sometimes you need to be productive and “block” time stealing sites – this is a great app for that.
- LastPass -great timesaver and life enhancer for filling forms and remembering passwords – more about security in this post
- HootSuite! One that I would like to highlight that is NOT in the LH pack for Chrome. Hootsuite is social media tool and have recently autoschedule to their Hootlet plugin. If your into social media; HootSuite is for you: Hootlet with autoscheduling
- IFTTT – really useful, recepie for new contacts to evernote is my favorite so far. IFTTT recipe (Update today 2014-04-24 IFTTT arrived for Android as well 🙂 )
- Pocket – extremely good for reading “Read-it-later” service on ALL platforms.
- PocketCast for podcasts –my fav podcast: SANS ISC Stormcast for infosecurity – it is truly great. Best thing is that this native app syncs great with iPad and iPhone. Mainly use it on the phone though, when I am in transit. Read more about PocketCast in our article about podcasts
Hope this helps you with improving your productivity and awesomeness both at work and personal! If you have any productivity tips or software you want to share, let us know! We are always interested in improving my patterns and systems. Thanks LifeHacker for sharing your list!