In episode #065
We meet Bernd a MovNat Team instructor. Based in Munich. We are talking about Natural Movement. We discuss Natural Development Sequence. The MovNat tree. Is nature a religion now? We talk about Breathing. Mindfullness in Movement and balancing. Is it possible to do CrossFit and MovNat? What is the MovNat tree? Be strong to be helpful and much much more. It goes hand in hand with all the concepts at FLAWD. Please give the podcast 5 star review an tell everyone you know. Thank you.
Bernd Reicheneder, Munich based Movnat Team Instructor. Watch the episode on Youtube?
FLAWD Related podcast episodes and articles
(00:33) Peter introduces the show and shares what he has been up to during 2020 season (CFL3, MovNat L1 etc)
(04:24) Bernd – what is going on at the moment?
- (06:30) How did Bernd found MovNat? Very related to FMS that I use on FLAWD athletes and we have talked about in episode 28. Bernd also has backround in shotokan karate
(12:00) What is MovNat Foundation? What is the basis: A fitness system built out of the movements we have evolved from.
- (14:00) – the MovNat tree
- (15:00) In the MovNat tree we have basics that we learn first, and jumping, vaulting and climbing.
- (17.45) NDS – Natural Development Sequence/Neurological Development Sequence and how we humans evolve when young and a discussion about our movement patterns related to MovNat
- (21:00) Bernd is Team Instructor and we discuss MovNat- we start with breathing, position, move in Sequence. Rehab and Prehab.
- (23:00) what is the difference between MovNat and Natural Movement? We all should do a the “practice of natural movement”. MovNat is the method to re-learn the physical competence of doing Natural Movement in a safe and efficient way.
- (25:00) What have we lost in modern civilisation? 3 things we can influence directly: 1. Moving, 2. Breathing, 3. Nutrition
“The Better you eat, the less time you have to waste exercising and have more time for philosophy” – Seneca (a stoic)
- (27:00) Do I really need a system for movement? Am I not always moving naturally?
- (29:00) 15 hour “training” in evolution. Daniel Lieberman working (YouTube video Survival: Evolution and exercise dilemma). Fitness training for keeping up our function.
- (33:00) What will happen if I don’t move? “I do not need this “natural movement”, I need to sit down and”
- (35:00) The “mismatch theory” sometimes called the evolutionary trap Mismatch theory represents the idea that traits that evolved in an organism in one environment can be disadvantageous in a different environment. Daniel Wolpert – the real reasons for our brain
- (36:40) Origins from MovNat. How did it begin? Georges Herbert “Method Naturelle” – “train to be useful” and MovNat mantra is “Be strong to be helpful”. 2009 MovNat.
- (42:00) Breathing and Balance – why is it important in this system
- (47:00) How can you apply or practice MovNat? Just by doing it in nature.. 🙂
- (48:00) Mental shift of balancing from ground, to 2-3m up from the MovNat Level 3 explanation 2m up from the article: Mount the top of the wall, Get Up into a standing position, then Balance Walk across a 5cm (2″) wide beam that’s elevated roughly 2m (7 feet) in the air.
- (49:00) is Nature now a religion?
- (50:00) How to use the synergy of MovNat and CrossFit together. For instance: MovNat Warmup Kolla evernote för warmup!
- (51:00) What is most people struggling with in MovNat? Climbing pattern! Trying to get a pull up. Skilfulness always beat intensity. Use it or loose it.
- (55:00) Why do we have so much trouble with overhead mobility? Use it or loose it principle. Your body ask: Why should I have this mobility, stability, flexibility if you don’t use it.
- (57:00) How does Bernd work? Movnat München – Wim Hof and MovNat (Katy Bowman author of move your DNA)
- (62:00) Peter offers Evolutionary fitness which is a Corona Safe, outdoors fitness system, where MovNat is a foundational part. Visit direct link to book. Or visit all events on FLAWD on eventbrite
- (64:00) MovNat other events: MovNat Aquatics, Combative and MovNat L2 and L3. Want to join me in these experiences? Let me know if we can get this certifications to Gothenburg. Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (67:00) Theory goes: We are unconsciously anxiety – mismatch theory. Try to find safety that is not there. Try to make it progressive.
- (71:00) Whats going on next year for Bernd/MovNat?
- (75:00) URL:s: MovNat.com and Bernds Affiliate: MovNat Muenchen.de
- (75:00) Bernds Book tips. Se below for resources for this episodes.
- (77:00) Swimming – everything is a skill. Checkout my guide for swimming
- (79:25) CrossFit is very similar (Peter is a CFL3 coach) Mechanics, Consistancy, Intensity Read more:
- (81:00) Parent Practical Movement for playing with your kid: MovNat, excellent choice
- (82:30) KWINK
Want More FLAWD?
- As a CrossFit Level 3 coach (CCFT), MovNat L1 coach, coach in: breathing, mobility and productivity – contact me for live or online coaching for lifestyle and movement.
- Want discounts on BulletProof and other BioHacking supplements? Sign up for the newsletter.
- Peter is the Founder of Gothenburgs annual BioHacking Conference
- I sell Biohacking supplements and other supplements for instance: Puori, I also sell Fitaid.
- Apply and sign up Online courses in Productivity, Breathing, Movement
- Apply and join Events and Workshops
- Join my weekly classes in Evolutionary Fitness
- Sign up for the popular Newsletter
- The Focused Lifestyle Book – read the first chapter by sending email to: email@example.com
Focused Lifestyle And Winning Disciplines.
Peter is Podcaster, CrossFit Coach, Security Professional and productivity expert. He is the founder of FLAWD.se and the author of Security Encyclopedia: SakerhetsBibeln.se. Peter blogs about health, technology and productivity. Peter is on a mission to help you to Focus, implement success disciplines and to Win in life!