“What is the number one thing holding you back from creating more purpose and fulfillment in your life?”
The answer is: PEOPLE
Have you heard of the Inklings? If not, Maybe you have heard of Owen Barfield, Charles Williams? If not, perhaps C.S. Lewis? J.R.R. Tolkien? These gentlemen formed the MasterMind Group; The Inklings. And that is a great real life example of how either directly or indirectly, the group pushed each member to create their best possible work. They pushed one another to reach their full potential and hone their writing to make it the best in the world.
Why should you surround yourself with remarkable people?
Isn’t it enough having the people that live on the same street where you grew up or in the same building? To be honest with ourselves, deep down:
- We all want to be pushed.
- We want to be challenged to put our best work into the world.
- We want to be understood, supported, listened to, encouraged, called out, and loved by people that care about us.
- We want to be the average of five incredible people whom we constantly surround ourselves with.
- We want these things, and yet so many of us lack the right people in our lives to make it happen.
The real problem here is that our relationships early in our lives and careers are largely a function of our location… One day we wake up realizing that the people we spend the most time with are not necessarily the ones that we want to be influenced by the most.
It’s a scary realization in that it leaves us feeling lost and it forth brings a decision: Do I do something about my dreams and find the people who will help me reach them or do I keep going as I always have?
What is a MasterMind Group?
A MasterMind group is a collection of 4-8 creative individuals who meet on a regular basis online or offline, to talk about goals, growth and success and provide support for each other to help one another reach their fullest potential.
Participants challenge each other to set important goals, and more importantly, to accomplish them. The group requires commitment, confidentiality, willingness to be creative and brainstorm ideas/solutions, and support each other with total honesty, respect and compassion.
Mastermind group members act as catalysts for growth, devil’s advocates and supportive colleagues. This is the essence and value of mastermind groups.
Finally, everyone in the group needs to be willing to meet on a regular basis. The term “mastermind” was defined and popularized in 1937, when Napoleon Hill’s book Think and Grow Rich was originally published. If you haven’t read it. Please read it!
7 reasons to join an MasterMind Group
Forbes lists 7 reasons to join a MMG:
- You be a part of an exlusive Community
- Advisement – you are not alone
- Extend your network
- New Learning
- Think bigger
One of our favourite Podcast: Smart Passive Income have written an interesting post about the benefit of MasterMind groups and Mentors
What is the FLAWD MasterMind Group
For the first time, we are now opening up anyone to apply for the FLAWD MasterMind Group. We have a maximum of 8 individuals for the year of 2014. We will meet IRL if possible and once a week, or at a minimum every other week. Some concepts (depending on who applies):
- An clear specific agenda
- 10 min Brag-table
- We will have 15 min focus on one person every meeting
- Not more than 1-hour meetings.
- “Hot Seat”
- Craft and Create Annual plans /goals
- Ask for feedback
- Checking every quarter or half year on progress
- State biggest goals of the year
- Create bucket list or impossible list to read out loud to the group.
- Undertake common books or readings.
- first 15 min discuss a blog
- Discuss the greatest success and failures in the industry.
- 30 min workshop
- Every quarter a person can have a workshop or walkthrough of process or skill presentation about something that has helped them .
- Get together once a year at least.
- Possible Retreat or conference
The focus will be on of course on the 3 broad areas of FLAWD, but also entrepreneurship, how to improve everything in life, finance. automation. All depending on the goals that we create in the group.
How do I apply for the FLAWD MasterMind Group?
First we suggest that you read this post a couple of times and the book mentioned above, think and grow rich. Second, visit this site and read through the post from living for Monday on MasterMinds. If you think that you have what it takes, please continue to read.
Please take some time to write down your answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a personal or business mission or vision statement?
- What are your five-year goals?
- Where will you find time to participate in the Mastermind Group?
- What is your commitment to moving forward in your business and personal life?
- Why should you be chosen to participate in this group?
How much does it cost?
At this point 150 USD for early signup, after april 2016 the rate will be: 250 USD/year.
It is a journey!
All that Masterminds needs is a willingness to learn from each other and from themselves. It’s a journey of self-discovery as well as success in life. The universe is an abundant creation. It gives its abundance to those who ask for it and keeps giving it to those who remain worthy of it. You are in control of both of these actions, so schedule a work period on your calendar to make it happen. There is nothing holding you back. Whether you’re a young professional just kicking off your career, a new business owner, or a seasoned career veteran, you can benefit from surrounding yourself with incredible people.
What are you waiting for?
Send your application to email@example.com
Enjoyed this article and have Twitter? Send me a Tweet