Jeff is the Head coach and director of training for Power Speed Endurance (formerly known as CrossFit Endurance). Jeff is on a mission to inspire people through strength and health. he is a 3x Ironman finisher, 8+ times marathon runner, Sub 3 Hour marathon! So he knows a thing or two about running! We talk about running, the transition from CrossFit Endurance to Power Speed Endurance. We learn key koncepts in regards to running, like the importance of body position, and how to use gravity in running. The Power Speed Endurance about skill FIRST and volume/intensity last in a training program. A lot of great endurance tips, recommended reading. For everyone that wants to learn how to run, incorporating strength in running and vice verca, this is a must listen to episode for you. Enjoy this inspiring episode with Jeff Ford – Power Speed Endurance
- Power Speed Endurance
- CrossFit Endurance (the site is still upp and available)
- Daily PSE Training
- Mark Sissons Blog – Marks Daily Apple
- Athletic Greens
- Skyterra Wellness
- Ben GreenField Podcast
- Wim Hof Method
Books we mention:
- Nicholas Romanov – The Running Revolution
- Kelly Starett – Ready To Run
- Mark Sisson – Primal Endurance: Escape chronic cardio and carbohydrate dependency and become a fat burning beast!
- Mark Sisson – Primal Blueprint
- Michael E. Gerber -The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It
- Dale Carnegie – How to Win friends and influence people
- Ben Greenfield – Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health & Life
- Jonathan Bailor – The Calorie Myth: How to Eat More, Exercise Less, Lose Weight, and Live Better
- Gary Taubes – Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
- For all books mentioned in the podcast, check out our bookclub on Goodreads
- The tattoo – Chinese symbol that stands for strength and the english word: inspired
- What he does being head coach and director of Power Speed Endurance (PSE)
- Internships of CrossFit Endurance -> PSE
- 4 different trainer levels for PSE
- Level 4 – the intern or trainer becomes on staff
- Jeffs Background as an athlete and he explains how he found CrossFit Endurance
- MET days – Muscular Endurance Days
- The importance of learning skill FIRST and volume/intensity last in a training program
- Jeffs other projects:
What is CrossFit Endurance?
CrossFit as a base – and apply it to the sport specific athlete!
Runners are the most injury prone athletes
Run with good posture, fall from the ankles and pull the feet from the ground. The main relationship in good running is to put your body in a good position and utilize gravity.
What do we learn in Power Speed Endurance (PSE)?
“Movement and skill first” program
How to start running?
Read Running Revolution book – see book recommendations. We talk about the importance of having a optimal position towards: gravity. We always start with skill
Starts with Volume! Alot of Volume! And focus on skill in the end! In PSE (PowerSpeedEndurance) we start with skill and position.
80% on runners gets injured
The importance of holding a position, if you cant hold position when you run for a long you will make compromises and might get injured.
Jeffs Favorite Endurance Workout: “HELEN”
Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings (or 55 pound dumbbell swing)
If you do it – let us know! This is also a favorite workout for another guest: Rockstar Athlete episode 11 – ChaChi Marunde
- His biggest setback
- Winning Disciplines
Jeffs top 3
- Invest in yourself first
- Put your family first
Jeff on the socials
- Personal: Jeff Ford