Carl Paoli is one of the most renowned coaches in the world today. He is originally from Spain, a former elite gymnast, creator of Naka Athletics, Gymnastics WOD, Author and a New York Times Best Seller and a business man. Carl is on a mission to help make a positive impact in the world using movement as a base. We learn about what Freestyle Connection is, the movements called Freestyle four, the imagine game, transferability the importance of locomotion and much much more. Enjoy!
- 5.45 How Carl are doing a positive change in the world – always been a dreamer.
- 7.00 Carl was a very fearful kid. Scared of everything and Gymnastics helped Carl about
- 7.30 Carls first ever gymnastics competition. On the floor Carl share his transformation in competition. 1987
- 09.20 Carl was about to move on from gymnastics, 1996 – he share his feeling for the olympics magnificent seven – Kerry Strug (this is also the year Carl started coaching)
- 10.15 Skill transfer triangle:
Tq = technique
Carl Defines skill as: “The ability to apply movement strength to perform a task”. This definition of skill is easily confused with the term “technique”, which describes a way to carry out a particular task.
- 1215 Free+Style essence: accepting and respecting all styles of movement. Every movement is applicable to another movement!
- 1315: There are 4 movement patterns: Squatting, Pressing Pulling and ability to combine.
- 1345 Freestyle 4, 4 movements Carl writes about in the book: Pistol squat, HandstandPushup, Muscle-Up and Burpee. We really care about getting BETTER!
- 14.30 Where does transfereabilty happen?
- 16.00 Carls backstory – Born us -> Ecuador -> US -> Spain -> Summers In Sweden (jönköping) 2002 Singapore 2004 San Fransisco Californa – and Carl stayed there for 13 years.
- 19.15 Carl worked Marine Mammal Hospital with Sealions – Pathology
- 2015 How Tony Horton creator of P90x and Jane Fonda affected Carls philosophy.
- 22.30 Media part of how to share information. CrossFit loves videos. Carl used words and video to share his knowledge to encourage people to understand.
- 23.35 Peter share his story with being really crappy at burpee
- 24.04 Freestyle Connection dot COM
- 25.17 The “imagine game”.
- 30.05 Why is the pistol squat important for locomotion!? Because the leg is on one side of our body, and it creates a rotation component “a spin”, that we need to resist to not fall. That ability to resist rotation from the trunk and hips is the foundation of locomotion: walking, running , throwing, catching crawling
- 31.03 Ido portal
- 32.46 Why we are borned to RUN
- 33.54 Steve Jobs – We build tools.
a Condor! 🙂
- 35.10 How do we design tools?
- 36.20 Strike Movement and the backstory
- 40.26 Carl Never set an alarm clock!? Remind Yourself – You are in control.
- 41.38 The PODCAST – it’s a sign!!!! <3
- 42.170 PMA – Positive Mental Attitude
- 43.35 Wim Hof – His rituals that gets peoples focused! Entertainment means holding FOCUS!! If you know how to entertain yourself! You are 100% FOCUSED!
- 46.05 You can choose what you want to do!
- 47.45 Carl
- 49.00 Whats on the horizon – The MODERN MOVER -> Programming 2 new seminars: Excellence and Freestyle methodology, Strike Movement new collection
- Christopher McDougall – Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
- Simon Sinek – Start with Why
Carls top 3 with 24hours to live
- Thank the parents and family for everything –
- Kiss the wife and kid
- See you late thank you very much
“I have learned to let go”
Persons of Interest
- Kerri Strug – US Olympics Team 1996
- Tony Horton
- Jane Fonda
- Diane Fu
- Kelly Starett
- Ido Portal
- Marc Morisset – Link please people – help out
- Wim Hof
Thank you for reading and listening! You are awesome! 🙂