If you spend five minutes complaining, you have just wasted five minutes. – Jim Rohn
We must have a lifelong battle against the constant downward pull of negativity. If we relax, the bugs and weeds of negativity will move into the garden and take away everything of value. You cannot take the mild approach to the weeds in your mental garden. You have got to hate weeds enough to kill them. Weeds are not something you handle; weeds are something you devastate.
STOP complaining NOW…
“Complaining is a sign that someone isn’t willing to risk moving on a changeable situation, or won’t consider the immutable circumstance in his or her plans. This is a temporary and hollow form of self-validation. When you start to make things happen, you begin to believe that you can make things happen. And that makes things happen”.
So what is this challenge all about?
GOAL:21 days straight with
- NO complaining,
- critize or
- A Rubber band (preferred) or a Paper or a coin or other token
- Coach.me app obiously
- Preferable but not needed, read the inspiring book: A Complaint Free World: How to Stop Complaining and Start Enjoying the Life You Always Wanted
Whenever you complain gossip or criticize you move the rubber band (or token) to the other arm and start the challenge again
Why move the “token”?
This is to make you more aware of when you are complaining. Before this challenge I thought I rarely complain. But I do, a lot. The band helps making me aware, and once aware, we can make better choices.
But It’s true:
Im not sure if I am complaining or not?!
Gossip should be OK right?
How long time will this take?
What is the goal for this Challenge?
Motivation from Tim Ferris Blog post: Real Mind Control: The 21-Day No-Complaint Experiment
- My lazier thinking evolved from counterproductive c
- I was able to turn off negative events because the tentative solution had be offered instead of giving them indefinite mental shelf-life (and “open loop” in GTD parlance), resulting in better sleep and more pleasant conversations with both friends and business partners.
- People want to be around action-oriented problem solvers. Training yourself to offer solutions on-the-spot attracts people and resources.
For those interested in the more sophisticated applications and results of the the no-complaint thought experiment, I recommend you order a copy of A Complaint-Free World.Want to take the 21-day no-complaint challenge for a test drive now?Last a friend checked, the bracelets had a 3-5-month waiting period, but a rubber band or other bracelet will suffice.Tag me on social media and check in on the goal on coach.me above. the 21-day no-complaint challenge – based on the book: A Complaint free world by Will Boven I ordered the book on Audible, and decided to take swift action and created a Coach.me goal for (free) check it out: 21 day challenge of No Complaining Read more: A complaint free world or listen to Tims Podcast where he mentions this.