We meet Harry the co-founder of Sorted. A productivity app for “Hyper-Scheduling”. Please give the podcast 5 star review an tell everyone you know. Thank you.
- In Gothenburg? Join Peters Evolutionary fitness class A Corona Safe outdoors, fitness system, where MovNat is a foundational part. Visit direct link to book. Or visit all events on FLAWD on eventbrite
- FLAWD events & workshops
- Also I have my own outdoors gym – contact me for IRL or Online coaching.
(04:30) Sorted has over 1Million downloads.
(06:30) Harry and his family are “Nomads” i.e. they are traveling the world and working remotely. How does this work? Harry got inspired by the classic book: 4hour work week by Tim Ferrris
(09:30) Okinawa in Japan is so far the best place that Harry has been to. It is also one of the earths “blue zones” ? Want to live forever read our post about longevity
(11:00) What is productivity for Harry? Think that you are an “arrow” – be clear: what you are working on, Be clear about your: Process, Use “Atomic Habits” (incremental changes) so you move forward every day.
(12:00) Harrys goal process: Here we focus on Harrys 5 big life goals. And his goal to read: 1000 books.
- Make sure to have a list of books to read. Check out this book list if you want tips on what books to read: 10 books that will change your life forever
- Family of 4 is another life goal for Harry. Check out Remente App and Coach.Me app for goals and habits
- Harry Prefers reading “real book” so he can make notes in e-books.
- Check out ReadWise app if you are an avid reader.
- GoodReads, check me out there: https://www.goodreads.com/peterlarsson
(21:30) Is To-Do list good or bad? List based and Scheduling based apps. Schedule
(24:30) Why cant I just write things down in a list? – Priorities change, times/scheduling is also important to conside
(28:00) How do I prevent over-scheduling? Hyper-Scheduling is an extension of GTD.
- First: roughly Schedule what you want to do. Move lower priority to another day
- 2nd: more important stuff on top of the list – use AutoSchedule – remember things will change during a day
- 3rd: if extra time or less you can quickly shift tasks in the app –
- 4: if you have set a time for your task you will not over schedule (at least not as much since you estimate time for your task)
(31:00) What is Hyper-Scheduling and what are the 3 pillars? Hyper-Scheduling is: “on top of scheduling” – “TimeBlocking” in a more concise way. Read more
3 Pillars of Hyper-Scheduling
- Unified – a single timeline
- Effortless – no friction
- Flexible – unpredictability happens, adjust your plan
(38:00) Story of the apple designer and commitment. Peter likes the buffer time. Task managers is not only about work.
(40:00) How does Harrys own workflow work?
- Harry reviews the next day in the evening – Time Ruler to shift tasks, tasks that are together are linked
- In the morning – Harry reviews and plan again (depending on energy level etc) either autoschedule for either full day or half day. then start working
- During the day: a standard day will be with meetings. Other conversations are made in Slack.
- Harry uses the BulletJournal style on his iPad.
(47:00) How to avoid “new shiny object syndrome”? You do not need to limit yourself. Remind yourself of what you actually want to do. Check your goals!
(50:00) You can make a recurring task in the app.
(51:00) What is “Magic Select” remember that is should be flexible – read more
(57:00) what is the biggest mistake users make about hyper-scheduling and Sorted? Rigid planning. New users think that the just because it is there – it is “set in stone”. Also do not schedule to many things in the beginning. 2-3 tasks
(59:00) Booktips – Remote and Deep Work.
(63:00) Productivity Gadget? – a Waterbottle creates the habit. IF THIS Then THAT
(66:00) FutureForecasting – What will happen in the future?
- Tim Ferris book – 4h Work Week
- Rolf Potts – Vagabonding
- David Hansson – Remote
- Cal NewPort – Deep Work
- harryworld@ twitter
Want More FLAWD?
- As a CrossFit Level 3 coach (CCFT), MovNat L1 coach, coach in: breathing, mobility and productivity – contact me for live or online coaching for lifestyle and movement.
- Want discounts on BulletProof and other BioHacking supplements? Sign up for the newsletter.
- Peter is the Founder of Gothenburgs annual BioHacking Conference
- I sell Biohacking supplements and other supplements for instance: Puori, I also sell Fitaid.
- Apply and sign up Online courses in Productivity, Breathing, Movement
- Apply and join Events and Workshops
- Join my weekly classes in Evolutionary Fitness
- Sign up for the popular Newsletter
- The Focused Lifestyle Book – read the first chapter by sending email to: email@example.com
Focused Lifestyle And Winning Disciplines.
About the author : Peter
Peter is Podcaster, CrossFit Coach, Security Professional and productivity expert. He is the founder of FLAWD.se and the author of Security Encyclopedia: SakerhetsBibeln.se. Peter blogs about health, technology and productivity. Peter is on a mission to help you to Focus, implement success disciplines and to Win in life!
Join our mailing list today
Insider offers & flash sales in your inbox every week.
Curabitur non nulla sit amet nisl tempus convallis quis ac lectus dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit sed porttitor lectus.
Leave a Reply