WHY CHOOSE AVADA UNIVERSITY?
We offer a range of training packages in a range of subject areas and can offer blended learning opportunities to best meet your needs. If sitting in a room with a trainer and having the opportunity for discussion with other learners sounds good to you then we can offer this. If you prefer to study in your own time and at your own speed then one of our world class facilities.
If you prefer to study in your own time and at your own speed then one of our e-learning packages may be right up your street. There is a third option, which is you like the sound of both but perhaps can’t attend all training sessions, this is when blended learning comes into its own.
WORLD CLASS FACILITIES
Avada University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally.
If you prefer to study in your own time and at your own speed then one of our e-learning packages may be right up your street.
Recently my sister asked me which books I recommend, that got me thinking: which books would I have benefited the most of reading 15 years ago? This post is a response to what I consider to be the top 10 life-changing books that I have read.
“Hear or read something challenging, something instructional, at least thirty minutes a day, every day. You can get along without some meals, but you can’t get along without some ideas, examples and inspiration.” – Jim Rohn
I try to start my day with reading or listening to something:
- motivational or
Even though I listen a lot to podcasts for inspiration and news in my fields, reading books provides a deeper knowledge in a subject. Reading books is like having a conversation with the author.
“The reading of all good books is like conversation with the finest men of past centuries.” ― René Descartes
The Top 10 books
1. Robin Sharma – The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
- Control your thoughts – ( Master Your Mind Cultivate your mind) Symbol: Garden
- Follow Your Purpose. Symbol: Lighthouse
- Practice Kaizen (continual self improvement) Symbol: Sumo Wrestler
- Live with Discipline (Symbol: Pink Wire Cable)
- Respect Your Time (Symbol: Stopwatch)
- Selflessly Serve Others (Symbol: Yellow Roses)
- Embrace the Present (Symbol: Path of Diamonds)
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interest.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never say “You’re Wrong.”
- If you’re wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Start with questions to which the other person will answer yes.
- Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Let the other person feel the idea is his or hers.
- Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
- Warren Buffett took the Dale Carnegie course “How to Win Friends and Influence People” when he was 20 years old, and to this day has the diploma in his office.
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of intimacy
- Fear of authority figures
- over eating
For those of us lucky/unluck to have feel love for another person that is not feeling it back – we know that it is one of the most painful and excrutiating and painfull experience it is. And especially in the beginning – after a break up once the shock has settled and you wake up and realize that regardless of what you do that person will not be a part of your life anymore. it is TOUGH! Why? well parts of it is that rejection hurts. you wonder if it is your fault and how you could have done things differentluy and a normal reaction is off cours to try to fix it. But normally it cannot be fixed and you realise this intelligently – but it is easier said than done – usually you will consider this experience one of the most valuable lessons in life – but it does not feel like that right now. You just want to get him/her back. However time heals all wounds. This book I truly recommend to shorten the time period and continue moving on and creating more healthy relationships with people that loves you back. Soo here it goes: How to fall out of love in 10 steps . side note – once you practice this you will improve everything and since this is a framework it is comforting that it is a proven process and IT has WORKED for other persons.
2. förnekelse – kämpa tillbaka –
3 förbannad och ilska
5. gå vidare
Graduated calming techniques
- How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want ?
- How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs ?
- How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist ?
- How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and freuent “mini-retirements” ?
- What the crucial difference is between absolute and relative income ?
- How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill your job (or company) if it’s beyond repair ?
- What automated cash-flow “muses” are and how to create one in 2 to 4 weeks ?
- How to cultivate selective ignorance-and create time-with a low-information diet ?
- What the management secrets of Remote Control CEOs are ?
- How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 50-80% off ?
- How to fill the void and create a meaningful life after removing work and the office(less)
Extremely interesting book. Not mainly because it establish a systematic approach to attract women but also shows that it is possible for anyone to change their own reality through porpuseful challanges to ones own self. NLP was first introduced to me here, also the world of Personal Development. The attraction rules are interesting but a sidenote. Neil has also written a follow up to this book called the rules of the game with more tangible tips of how to overcome social shyness and become the person you want to be regardless if it is attracting women or just getting better confidence. Very recommended
― Neil Strauss, The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists“Without commitment, you cannot have depth in anything, whether it’s a relationship, a business or a hobby.”
― Neil Strauss, The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists“One of the things I’d learned … was how to take a compliment. Just say, “Thank you.” It’s the only response a confident person can make.”
― Neil Strauss, The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists“I want to learn martial arts,” he said docilely, “so when I want to kill
someone, I can do something about it.”
― Neil Strauss, The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
Maxwell Maltz – Psycho Cybernetics
Psycho-Cybernetics-is the original text that defined the mind/body connection the concept that paved the way for most of today s personal empowerment programs. Turn crises into creative opportunities, dehypnotize yourself from false beliefs, and celebrate new freedom from fear and guilt.Testimonials and stories are interspersed with advice from Maltz, as well as techniques for relaxation and visualization. Dr. Maxwell Maltz teaches you his techniques of emotional surgery –the path to a dynamic new self-image and self-esteem and to achieving the success and happiness you deserve!